Saturday Day Trip: Natural History Museum
Happy Friday, everyone!
It’s time for another recap of one of my Saturday outings and maybe it will inspire you to make a trip this weekend!
Last Saturday, we headed out to the Los Angeles Natural History Museum and it was SUCH a fun day. I have been going to this museum since I was a little girl, so it has been cool seeing it change throughout the years. It has definitely become a top-notch destination with some incredible permanent exhibits, and really great visiting exhibits. I decided that it would be worthwhile to buy a membership this year, to try it out and utilize some of the offerings. I opted for the Dual Plus membership which gets you two main memberships, plus a guest pass, so essentially 3 entries to the museum anytime you want to go. It also works over at the La Brea Tar Pits, which we will be checking out soon. I used to love going there as a kid! Here are some of the great perks of the Dual Plus membership:
• Free admission to the Natural History Museum, the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, and the William S. Hart Museum.
• Invitation to Member Only events throughout the year.
• Free timed-tickets to Butterfly Pavilion, Spider Pavilion, and traveling exhibitions.
• Free tickets to First Fridays (early Spring event with special speakers, food trucks, cocktails and more).
• 10% discount at the Museum stores.
• Free subscription to NHM's magazine, the Naturalist, and the E-Newsletter.
• Discounts on Day Camps, Overnight Adventures, Field Trips, Workshops, and more!
I would highly recommend making a visit to the Natural History Museum, whether you are a first-time visitor, or a veteran. We had such a blast walking around for several hours, took in all of the exhibits (the Dinosaurs and the Becoming LA exhibit were my favorites!), had a members only preview of the Butterfly Pavilion and enjoyed a nice lunch on the patio of the NHM Grill. We were shocked at how many food options they had at the grill, including a bunch of fresh pre-made sandwiches! The prices were great too, not inflated like you would expect.
We had such a great trip overall, and lucked out because they were doing member preview days of the new Butterfly Pavilion, so we were able to get into that at no extra charge. And seriously, who doesn’t love seeing DINOSAUR BONES!? I think the membership is going to be so worthwhile for the next year. Whether it’s free admission to their upcoming First Friday events, or access to a new exhibit, it seems like there are a lot of great perks. I can’t wait to go back!